mai kao jai

31 August 2005

Bulletin Update

I arrived at Legacy last Thursday and will be leaving this coming Saturday night. Aside from the teachers, no one knew I was coming, so the students were pretty surprised! Nine of my students from last year are here, plus three more who completed two years but are still here taking additional classes. There are eight new students- they're great, but they're a little shy because they think that they don't know English well enough to speak to me! I've also had a chance to visit with the new teachers- Jason, Kevin, Dan, and to catch up with the old ones- Ryan, James, and Lawan- there's a good group this year. Everyone has a pretty unique personality, and that's exactly what you need for this school. It's been so great visiting with my old students again- I've been doing some tutoring during the day and answering tons of random English questions at night. Everyone has improved so much! The other night I taught a couple of my students how to use email too. Words like "online," "website," and "sign out" are a little difficult to explain, but we managed, and now they have new email addresses sothey can communicate with their families back home. Letters to certain parts of Burma can take about a month to get there, if they get there at all. I think my favorite part of my trip so far was last Saturday afternoon- a little while after church a bunch of my old students and I sat around singing the songs from the hymnal that I taught them in choir last year- it was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home