mai kao jai

21 January 2005

Bulletin Update

Along with English and all of the other subjects, our students also take Thai language classes here at Legacy. We only have two students from Thailand- the rest are from Burma, so they don't know how to speak Thai. Lawan is our Thai teacher- she graduated from Legacy last year and is now spending her year of service teaching here at theschool. I started going to her Thai Listening and Speaking class at the beginning of the new semester. I was a little worried that Iwouldn't be able to keep up with the students since they took Thai forthe whole first semester too (when I wasn't here yet), but thankfully I'm quite able to. We had an oral test on Friday, so Thursday night Iwas reviewing with some of the students in the class- they were asking ME questions about Thai! I was able to answer them though, which wasactually really good practice for me! I think I did well on the test-we had to make sentences using certain words, and I'm pretty sure I got all of the words right and in the right order. My tones areterrible, so it's probably unlikely that a Thai person could understand me, but I sure have fun trying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home